- How does SonicWave Clean work?
SonicWave Clean imparts low pressure sonic & ultra-sonic waves into the liquid line filter/drier, to reduce the resistance to the flow of the refrigerant.
- What types of HVAC equipment is SonicWave Clean designed to be used on?
SonicWave Clean is designed for use on DX (Direct Expansion) units/equipment with in-line liquid line filter/driers.
- When should SonicWave Clean be used?
SonicWave Clean is recommended for any system where the “Delta T” on the liquid line filter/drier is over 2.5° Fahrenheit / 1° Celsius. An elevated Delta T indicates restrictions in the liquid line filter/drier. SonicWave Clean should be installed on all DX units when The Catalyst® is installed, and the filter/drier is not replaced.
- Can SonicWave Clean reduce the energy used by the system?
SonicWave Clean will reduce the energy used by 11%-21% depending on the amount of oil fouling in the system.
- How does the cost compare to changing the filter/drier?
SonicWave Clean is economical and cost effective in comparison to changing filter/driers. Typical filter/drier replacement for a 15-ton, dual circuit HVAC is over $900.00 and takes the system out of service for more than 6 hours but does not result in a reduction of energy usage.
- How long does it take to install SonicWave Clean and how much does it cost?
SonicWave Clean takes 20-30 minutes to install by an HVAC technician and costs less than $550.00, with the added benefit of reducing the energy used from an average of 12-19%. The SonicWave Clean will produce an ROI in excess of 500% over the life of the system.